This is the year you'll start making decisions about what college you'll attend. You may take a "college tour" with your parents or you may attend any number of College Fairs to help in the decision making process. If you live and go to school in Sonoma County (and several other locations), SRJC will more than likely visit your school during your Senior Year - plan now to attend every SRJC presentation or event that you hear about!
We hope that attending SRJC will be your first choice. Not only is it a great choice, but it's a smart choice! Attending SRJC will save you tons of money...something your parents will be very happy about. Here are some things you should consider doing for a successful transition to SRJC after high school:
- Be sure you have some #Adulting tasks taken care of:
- Have and use an email account of your own for all of your college correspondence.
- Keep track of your usernames and passwords for your college application processes.
- Create a resume and keep track of your employment, volunteer work, and/or student involvement in high school.
- Review your high school graduation requirements and make sure you are on track.
- Enroll at SRJC as a high school student to get caught up on credits or get a head start on your college classes.
- Enrollment fees are waived for High School Concurrent Enrollment Students, so take advantage while you are still in high school.
- Don't give up on taking Math next year. Students who continue to take Math through their Senior year do much better on placement tests and are more prepared to take college level Mathematics courses at SRJC.
- Consider taking Math and English Assessment tests at SRJC in the spring semester of your Junior year. This will give you a good picture of how you are doing, and what your academic focus needs to be during your Senior year. You can re-take your Assessments next year for your actual placement at SRJC after Graduation.
- Attend Day Under the Oaks on the first Sunday in May. Bring your parents and friends and come see everything that SRJC has to offer at our annual Open House event.
There are lots of people at SRJC to help you be successful.
Are YOU ready?
Follow the Steps for New Students to ensure your success:
- Step 1: Apply
- Step 2: Assessment
- Step 3: Orientation
- Step 4: Education Plan and Counseling
- Step 5: Enroll